|Kevin Frandsen - 2013 Topps Update|
- Parallels include: Emerald Foil (1:6 hobby packs), Gold (#/2013), Camo (#/99), Black (#/62), Pink (#/50), Printing Plates and Platinum (1/1)
- Sapphire foil parallels are included for Series 1, 2 and Update
- Silk Collection inserts show up again in jumbo and hobby packs - each one #/50. Phillies inclusions are: Delmon Young, Laynce Nix, Michael Young, Mike Adams.
|Jonathan Pettibone - 2013 Topps Update|
Emerald Foil Parallel
- The Phillies used a lot of young guys this season, so there were many options for Rookie Card inclusions. It would have been nice to see a Cesar Hernandez, or Ethan Martin in there - but, I'm cool with Asche and Pettibone.
- I liked seeing Kevin Frandsen in the checklist. He's definitely not a big name, but how can you root for him?
These are much more fun to talk about (guess it says something about me on a deeper level, huh?)...
- I am really disappointed to see Delmon Young and Laynce Nix included in the release. Not only are they taking up room in the team set - but, they are also inexplicibly part of the 100-card "Silk Collection."
- Where's the love for Freddy Galvis? If there is any obvious omission, it has to be Galvis who played in half of the Phillies' games and contributed a few memorable moments (in a very forgettable season).
|Laynce Nix - 2013 Topps Update|
Base Set Checklist:
US30 - Mike Adams
US58 - Kevin Frandsen
US71 - Cody Asche
US90 - Michael Young
US156 - Laynce Nix
US188 - Cliff Lee (All Star)
US242 - Delmon Young
US280 - John Lannan
US281 - Jonathan Pettibone
US309 - Domonic Brown (All Star)