For many fans, this week's press release
announcing the 2013 Phillies' Alumni Weekend festivities was merely a formality. As far back as last Spring, speculation was abound that while worthy of the distinction, Curt Schilling's inevitable induction would be held until this year - in order to correspond with the 20-year anniversary of the 1993 Phillies amazing run to the World Series.
Alumni Weekend is my favorite event of the season. Not only are there interesting events happening at Citizens Bank Park, but it also tends to result in a number of autograph appearances. Some other notable highlights of the weekend include:
- Brad Lidge retiring "as a Phillie" on Thursday, August 1st.
- Curt Schilling prints to be handed out the night of his WOF induction - Friday, August 2nd.
- Alumni Night - promised to return 50+ alums - Saturday, August 3rd.
- 1993 NL Championship team reunion, with 1993 "NL Championship" pennants being given out on Sunday, August 4th.
- Garry Maddox BBQ Cook-off on Saturday, August 3rd.
|1993 Pennant SGA (8/3/13)|